PCGS Social Media Marketing Specialist
Summary: Collectors Universe, a publicly traded, provider of third party authentication and grading services to the collectibles market, with over 300 employees and offices in Santa Ana, CA, New Jersey, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris. We are looking for a passionate and energetic digital/social media marketing specialist. This individual will generate revenue, increase awareness and support the growth of our coin grading and authentication services by creating, organizing and distributing leading marketing content about PCGS for both the niche collectibles market and the mass market. This position in a nutshell: one-part digital strategist and one-part creative copywriter.
PCGS has a highly engaged community of passionate coin collectors. With over 80k followers on our Facebook, we are looking to grow our presence on other platforms to match and utilize these followings to promote our services, specials, contests and general industry knowledge.
Primary Objective: The primary objective of this role is to cultivate and grow PCGS’ social community in a fun and engaging way, resulting in further reach and increased sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop PCGS social media marketing campaigns and promotions using both existing content and newly developed content that is appropriate for the coin collecting marketplace
- Monitor activity on the company’s branded social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Online Forums etc.)
- Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to social media posts, comments and inquiries in a timely, informative, and appropriate way
- Exercise discretion and exhibit sound judgment and decision-making when engaging with customers
- Create engaging text, image and video content for social media posts to facilitate customer engagement
- Partner with internal teams to develop and execute social media strategies to drive sales and increase engagement with existing and potential customers
- Develop optimal post scheduling, considering customer engagement metrics and best practices
- Develop and maintain social media content calendar
- Develop new ways to attract prospective customers
- Monitor, analyze and compile summary reports on data analytics and metrics across all social media platforms
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social media platforms to ensure maximum effectiveness of social media strategy and implementation
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- 1-2 years of social media, digital or content marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising, PR or related field
- Key understanding of branding, competitive analysis, audience building, web and social analytics, targeted content, native content, and social trends
- Collectibles knowledge – Possesses extensive experience in and knowledge of collectibles – coin industry is a plus!
- Expert Knowledge of Google Analytics and AdWords - Certifications are a plus!
- Experience with Adobe Suite Products
- Proven track record of successful paid social media promotions utilizing Facebook Ads Manager, Hootsuite or comparable tool
- Ability to build KPI reports, analyze results and execute on data-driven decisions
The ideal candidate for this role will exemplify the following qualities:
- Creative thinking - Being able to connect our unique collectibles content to the markets, both niche and mass, in an entertaining and effective manner.
- Project Management - Coordinates multiple, concurrent projects; communicates changes and progress clearly and effectively to both internal and external parties; completes projects on time and on budget. Puts company’s best interests ahead of personal ego.
- Research Skills - Capable of identifying key trends in PCGS content (such as pricing, population) and being able to effectively support marketing campaigns with well-researched, concrete data.
- Customer Service - Manages all relevant customer situations; responds promptly to customer inquiries via social media; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; and meets commitments.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; and gives appropriate recognition to others on a lesser scale.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; and makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; and follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Arrives at work on time ever day. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; and completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.