Facilities Maintenance Technician
Company: Collectors Universe
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will assist the company with maintaining a functional, clean, and secure building. Job duties to include, but not limited to, performing building maintenance duties, working with outside services to facilitate repairs and maintenance, assisting with the upcoming company-wide relocation, and delivering packages and other items to inter-company departments and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform various building repairs, handy work, and maintenance, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating/cooling, ventilation, painting, custodial, and general tasks.
- Regularly inspect building and equipment for needed repairs and maintenance.
- Coordinate with outside services to complete onsite repairs, maintenance, and janitorial tasks; including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, janitorial, pest control services, among others.
- Monitor progress of ongoing facility-related projects and repairs.
- Assist with receiving and delivering packages to various departments.
- Assist with inventory of furniture, equipment, and other items as needed during the relocation process.
- Move boxes, pallets, equipment, and other items as needed.
- Track and replenish cafeteria and janitorial supplies.
- Assemble, install, and move furniture, including storage racks.
- Occasional clerical tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills:
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, problem solver, flexible and able to prioritize
- General knowledge of facilities maintenance
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person of when task will be completed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
1-2 years of facilities maintenance, warehouse, or related experience. Previous HVAC, basic electrical, and/or plumbing experience preferred. Forklift certification a plus.
- Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The ability to write correspondence.
- Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; climb stairs and ladders; sit and talk or hear. The employee will lift and/or move 50-100 pounds.
- Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will travel from floor to floor and will occasionally work in varying outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.