Cash Applications Clerk
Company: Collectors Universe
Collectors Universe, a publicly traded, provider of third-party authentication and grading services to the collectibles market, with over 350 employees and offices in Santa Ana, CA, New Jersey, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris, is seeking a Cash Applications Clerk. Collectors was founded in 1986 and since that time we have graded and authenticated more than 75 million items. The position is based in Santa Ana, CA.
Summary: The position involves applying customer payments to customer orders in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Critical skills include familiarity with accounts receivable processes, troubleshooting skills, and interfacing with operating (non-financial) departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely application of customer payments.
- Preparing daily bank deposit by use of scanner and subsequently posting to the appropriate customer order.
- Processing customer credit card payments in accordance with company policy.
- Payment reconciliation to ensure proper application.
- File Maintenance to include scanning of documents to electronic files.
- Troubleshooting problem orders and accounting holds.
- Create, maintain/track, and close show order projects.
- Securing customer short payments by contacting the customer via email and phone.
- Occasional travel required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Organized, solution-oriented, with excellent time management skills.
- A proven team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills to include MS Excel & Outlook.
- Positive attitude.
- 2-5 years of cash application, accounts receivable or related experience in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Accounting Certificate or Associate Degree preferred.